Wednesday 26 March 2014

Dream Big

Top- River Island
Jeans- Miss Selfridge
Coat- New Look
Bag- H&M
I know it's the most over used English topic of conversation and I'm am sick of talking about it myself, but where the hell did the sun go. We were tempted, treated and teased with a week of sunshine and warmer weather, and just as I found my perfect pair of new-season sunglasses (I was being very picky, but finally found the right pair in Next!) and my winter-blues mood had finally lifted, we were slapped in the face with the disappointment of the typical, unpredictable English bloody weather. Take off your sunglasses and put back on your coat! Eugh. I'll just hope and pray that, that wasn't our summer.

But anyway, weather rant over. These photographs were taken by my ever-so lovely boyfriend, Matt, as we took a stroll around the harbour, walking off our food baby from the giant pizza we'd just eaten. (You'll see, said pizza, on my Instagram!) Even though the clouds do look rather grey the sunset was beautiful. It was a lovely, chilled out weekend, just what was needed before Monday morning came around, again, to start the new work-loaded week.

This weeks Stylist magazine has been my motivation for this week as it includes an article on their top '100 inspiring quotes for life.' If you haven't had the chance to read it yet, download it on your phone and have a peak. When I see 'motivational quotes' plastered all over Instagram and Facebook I scroll past and choose not to read them. They bore me. Sorry. However there were a few inspiring ones in their top 100 that made me think, "Week, come at me!" So here are my favourite 3...

"If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough." Ellen Johnson Sirleaf (President of Liberia)

"Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end." John Lennon

"Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr Seuss






No comments:

Post a Comment